Monday, 27 April 2015

Hill Sojourn Part III Day 02

Well, majority of you must've lost interest in reading this... But, I was recounting that day today while returning from office and so I thought to pen down my thoughts...

On day 03 of our trip, Vivek, enthusiastic of all...  woke us all up and as soon as we opened up our balcony doors, the morning sun embraced us with its wide sunrays - stretching out arms only to give us a wide hug.. It was one of the most beautiful sunrises I've ever seen till now... After a chit chat for about half an hour, we got up and it took us like about an hour or so to get ready for one of the most challenging treks to Triund. We all were super excited and after taking a few photographs, we began our journey.

This trek undoubtedly was difficult! After having an experience of about 6 treks, I couldn't complete this one.. (Well, I'll tell you the story below). So, after climbing up a few miles, we finally arrived at our first stop - THE TEMPLE...


The Temple @Gullu, Himachal Pradesh


Since none of us had breakfast, the next thing to do was EAT.. Prasoon knew a place and so we had our sumptuous breakfast at the Thapaji. The place was tranquil.. and yes, I forgot to mention that we found the first glimpse of snow fall at the Temple. Though, we couldn't see it falling (which I seriously wish to see it once in my lifetime).. But, Rajput created that effect by rubbing it through her hands over my head. :P :P

The Sumptuous Maggi @ Thapaji, Gullu

IM Team Knows What Fun is All About - WOW!


After having delicious Maggi, sumptuous Omelette, we were full and began our journey towards our destination - TRIUND. En-route we took short pauses, clicked selfies, Arpit shot a video, held each other's hand whosoever was in need of one, we stopped for each other - That's how the bond between all of us strengthened even more. So, after reaching a point, I decided to give up... Maybe, because I had too much of food at the Thapaji's store. Before reaching to the top, the last food outlet, passed by.... the shop owner said, it might snow in an hour as the weather was bad..

The Last Shop Before we Parted Ways - the Group!


Arpit, Ashmeen, Dahiya, Sonia, Me - Somewhere Towards Triund


On hearing this news, the group was then divided into two - the one who was willing to take that risk and see the Dhauladhar range atop and the one that didn't pressed for taking that risk (fortunately or unfortunately I was amongst the latter group as immediately my father's face came to my mind and I decided to step back from going uphill).

On our return, only Me, Sonia and Arpit were there the other group went to the top whereas, Rajput and her family were already down in the Mcleodganj market. On our return, I asked both of them to stop twice as I wanted to feel the nature I was in. That tranquil and silence.... I can still hear it with my eyes shut. That was just fabulous! As the kacha road snaked through, I picked up two exquisite dry flowers from the road.. (I know both of them Sonia and Arpit thought that I am crazy but that's the way I am...) So, we paused for a few photo shots and selfies.... The cool breeze that kissed my face and the faint sounds of birds chirping was just music to my ears..... Seriously, words will fall short if I start describing that phase. So, let me just pause and get back to the trailing down series of three of us.....


Sonia, Me, Arpit - Crazy US


Then, after reaching our hotel, we called up Rajput who was chilling with her family in the market and so we too decided to join her and began our journey towards Mcleodganj which was 2 kms from Dharamkot Inn, our hotel.

After meeting them, we thought to visit the Sunset point. As I've already been there and remember our trek from that point towards our hotel in Bhagsu way back in 2010. But, the weather wasn't clear so there was NO SUN and dark grey clouds were hovering on top of our heads.. So, we asked a few localiites as to what would be the best option to do with the limited time that we had in our hands. They suggested to take a stroll in the market and visit the Dalai Lama Temple and accordingly, we did likewise.

Is this a Dream Come True? Can something be so Surreal?

As we roamed freely on the streets of Mcleodganj, we saw a gol gappa vendor and gol gappas in the hills is like one of its' kind like experience. I urged them both (Sonia and Arpit) to stop and have one... So, we had that amazing spicy gol gappas and continued walking towards our destination. Midway, I found a guy selling these amazing neckpieces and I couldn't resist myself from buying a piece or two and so I bought 4 neck pieces and loved adorning it.

Then, finally we stepped into the temple and we traversed the Pradakshinapath and came out to meet Rajput. Moving forward, we had our lunch+dinner at some Punjabi restaurant (offering FREE Wi-Fi facility :P :P)... We immediately entered in and as always I was the first one to ask for the Wi-Fi password (as I have disabled the data card facility)..... After chilling there for about an hour or so, we came back to our hotel and after relaxing... we decided to have bonfire.... So, it was chilling cold that day and it rained heavily.... so, we just relaxed, sat, listened to some of the most amazing songs from Arpit's playlist till the battery of his phone was all lost...

Burning in Bonfire


About 2000hours, the second group returned leaving just Pallavi and Vivek behind as they decided to camp on the hillside. So, their experiences were worth recounting... They all were soo excited on their return and Prasoon said that the group missed my "WOW" factor.... So, I missed that too... But, never mind, I will complete that trek too soon with all the basics cleared in my head and will even spend a night out there in the midst of the mountains where I can experience THE REAL VIEW OF THE SNOW FALL.

When they came back in front of fire, they narrated their trekking experiences and finally, rain drops started pouring in and in nick of time it turned into a heavy shower. After that, we thought to chill in Arpit's room and have a chit chat till the time the rain shower die down...... But it refused to stop and as we gathered our courage to leave the room..... suddenly, someone knocked on our door and on asking, no one replied from the other side... This was the scariest part...... And then rest is all history - It was the best night spent of all the three nights... We (Me, Sonia, Monika, Arpit) chatted for about till 0300 hours and played PERCEPTION (My favourite game).... And the night went by just with unlimited chatter, chilling, clicking and of course leg pulling.... :) :)

That's how comes the end of Day 02 and will let you know about the final day in the hills Day 03 laterssss........

To read what we did the other two days, click on the following link-

http://akanksha13sep.blogspot.in/2015/03/hill-sojourn-part-ii-day-01.html

http://akanksha13sep.blogspot.in/2015/01/the-hill-sojourn-part-i.html
badge