Tuesday, 23 August 2016

FADED MEMORIES & TRAIN JOURNEYS

As a kid, I’ve always had a fascination to travel in train. As I crave travelling (which is of course deeply entrenched in my genes and over the period of time, the craving just got deeper and deeper to the extent that I aspire to become a globetrotter... God save you Sachin Aggarwal), summer and winter vacations used to bring us a respite from the monotony...

Mumma made sure that we visit nanaji's house (maternal grandfather) at least twice a year during summer and winter breaks.

Before my marriage, my longest train journey used to last just three hours..(post that it's 13 long hours.. Just a single 1 is added though). But those three hours meant the world to me and I used to eagerly Wait for the station Master to give the green signal to our train. Another reason for my excitement was the bookstore at the station.. Papa made sure that we had a copy of champak, twinkle or Amar Chitra Katha .. I'm sure these names doesn't sound alien to the majority of the kids from the 90s.

The fascination to grab the window seat hasn't gone still and the situation was same then. It used to be the window seat that offered me glimpses into the world and path that I had never seen and trailed before. The lush green, yellow - mellow fields , cows, buffalos, and kids bathing in small streams , hut houses, the vast expanse of land lying idle waiting for the seeds to be sown , the sound of another train passing by, the black long tunnels, public chatter , and what not. Have you experienced ever when the sound of train changes Whenever it rushes overhead a bridge? If you haven't, listen to it carefully, I love that sound and I'm sure you'll love it too..

Wheel of time spun so fast (faster than the speed of light) that I didn't realize I've grown this big. Studies, more studies and even more studies and later career kept us so busy that the journey which once used to give me immense pleasure, faded from my memory completely .

Today, As again I am Walking down the same lane, Memories gushed from the eyes. This was my imagination of heaven . The abandoned places, trees, shrubs, parched lands, cows, buffalos, surreal sunsets, exotic sunrises. WOW

IT WAS IN THIS MOMENT, I REALIZED THAT WE SHOULD KEEP REVISITING THE GOOD MEMORIES FROM OUR PAST TO STAY ROOTED...
SOIL IS OUR IDENTITY AND ONE DAY WE ALL HAVE TO DISAPPEAR IN THIS SOIL.
Until next time.
badge